Saturday, April 14, 2007

Shower Pic

Today was the Baby Shower organized by my lovely mother and dear friend, Punam. What an amazing day...filled with delicious food and the love and laughter of friends and family. This pic is of my very favorite gift. It is perfect!!!


I, of course, have about 100 more pictures. One of every gift that I opened thanks to the lovely photographer. Many feature me holding up a beautiful, thoughtfully chosen baby gift with some silly/funny/horrifying facial expression caught while I was talking. I didn't post them all here (you're welcome!), but if you're interested you can view them on my Flickr account.

I have been talking to Geo rather regularly. He mentioned that the French arrived at Camp Darulaman and have been settling in. He has been really busy preparing for their arrival, the arrival of the additional ETT team from the US, and planning the move to the FOB.

In addition, he was also tasked with handing out (er...getting rid of) 200 boxes of Girl Scout cookies that were mailed to him recently. 200?? Yes, 200 friggin' boxes. On one hand I am humbled by the generosity of the person who donated the cookies, and on the other hand worries me. If our soldiers were to eat all of the lovely goodies that were sent to them would they really be in the optimum health to do their jobs? Shouldn't we be sending them really good, protein filled energy bars, nuts and other healthy snacks that would increase their nutritional intake? This is not to say that I do not send snacks to George, but overall I get a bit concerned when reading articles about the types of things that are being shipped to our soldiers. Uh...rant has concluded.

I had a wonderful, funfilled day and this Mama is about to hit the couch for some quality time with her crochet hooks and yarn before zonking out.

xoxo
nik and the pea

No comments: