Saturday, August 11, 2007

Fun, Food and Fantacy

Yesterday was the Family Readiness Group Picnic at Knoeble's Grove.
Since Sophia is still a little short to ride the rides we walked around the park enjoying the people. We stopped to watch The Waltons at the Bandstand. They were a talented pair!
A trip to Knoebles isn't complete without a visit to the Fudge and Nut Shoppe. I bought Peanut Butter Cup and Rocky Road Fudge. With the purchase of one pound of fudge you received one square of the Flavor of the Day: Cinnamon Snickerdoodle. I haven't tried it but it smells like Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal.
I was glad to have my sister along with me for the picnic. She's great company and because of the distance between us (PA to NC) we don't get to spend as much time together as I'd like to.
After having our fill of walking, the three of us sat under the shade trees and watched the famous Knoebles stream.
She makes me laugh.
A lot.

It was a great day. Everyone had fun.
Now I have to get some more fudge.....

1 comment:

Katie said...

oh i am so jealous! i may have to sneak in a trip to knobles when i get home. thanks for sharing!! xo